HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Write to us directly
ComplaintComplete the form, and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Begin by stating the subject of your comment or question. We guarantee that your contact details will not be used for any commercial purpose or disclosed to any third party.
Question/OpinionComplete the form, and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Begin by stating the subject of your comment or question. We guarantee that your contact details will not be used for any commercial purpose or disclosed to any third party.
Frequently asked questions
You are always welcome to contact us with any questions or comments you might have. But before you do so, please check here to see whether an answer to your question has already been provided.
- We make all our gluten-free cakes at the Almondy bakery in Torslanda, just outside Gothenburg. Those of our desserts that contain gluten are made at one of our sister bakeries.
- Sustainability is a key consideration for us at Almondy, and we are continually striving to make informed choices that ensure a reduced impact on people, animals and the natural environment. Since the end of 2020, therefore, we have only used eggs from free range hens in our products.
- Palm oil has many good properties that are needed to ensure the créme used in our cakes will have the correct consistency. If we were to replace this with (for example) rapeseed oil, we would have to use more additives in order to achieve the same results. Naturally, we understand the problems of palm oil, and we have therefore decided to get engaged in RSPO and we support the WWF’s position on this matter. The WWF does not believe that individual companies should boycott the use of palm oil; in fact, they contend that a boycott could have the opposite effect. What is important instead is that we work together to make the most of the opportunities available to us in order to work towards a more responsible development. We must place stricter requirements on those companies that trade in palm oil and that use palm oil in their products. A possible alternative for us would be to only purchase organic palm oil, but unfortunately the organic palm oil currently represents just a tiny proportion of the global production. It is for this reason that the WWF, together with stakeholders throughout the entire chain (from the plantation to the shop) initiated the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), in order to develop a standard for more sustainable production. Of course, RSPO does not resolve all the problems involved in the production of palm oil, but, in combination with other measures and strict legislation and requirements for compliance, certification has a significant role to play in bringing an end to destructive palm oil plantations.
- We use a form of whey powder that is produced with the use of a vegetable-based enzyme.
- We purchase Marabou milk chocolate directly from the parent company Mondelēz International. The chocolate that they supply to us is taken out at an earlier stage of the production process and from a completely different part of the factory, which removes any risk that it could become contaminated by (for example) wheat or gluten that the rest of the chocolate comes into contact with when formed into chocolate cakes. Remember that specific allergy information is always presented on consumer packaging, and this applies to each individual product.
- Many of our cakes are appropriate for those who follow a halal or kosher diet. Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions about any of our cakes, and we’ll be happy to help.
- We are proud sponsors of the Stadsmissionen charity for vulnerable people in Gothenburg, and have been for many years. Every day, we receive new requests for sponsorship and collaborations from companies and organisations from throughout the Nordic region. Although we think this is great, we unfortunately do not have the resources or opportunity to process and respond to all the requests we receive. At the present time, therefore, we have decided to not engage in any further new projects. If you are looking for a sponsor, we hope that you will be able to find an appropriate partner elsewhere.
- The cake outlet is located next to our bakery in Torslanda, and is open between 08.00 and 16.30 on weekdays. We look forward to seeing you there!
DIRECTIONS TO OUR CAKE OUTLET
At our cake outlet in Torslanda, you will find bakery seconds* at great value prices. The shop also sells accessories, such as cake slices, baking forms and cooler bags, and other useful items to enhance your coffee break.
*Seconds involve variations in appearance and/or weight.
423 37 Torslanda
Monday – Friday
Closed on public holidays.